These policies and procedures apply to all sites and offices of Newmans Painting Services and any other sites controlled by the organisation, Along with any project involving its employees or contractors employed through Newmans Painting Services.
Newmans Painting Services provides a painting and decorating service to residential and commercial clients predominantly throughout the Sydney region and Australia wide.
Our organisational environmental management system applies to all operations and services provided on all sites and offices, our management and staff are expected to comply with the spirit of this policy in the context of the organisation in which they work.
We at Newmans Painting Services aim at achieving continual environmental improvement through implementing a management system with objectives and targets:
Minimise our environmental footprint
Working with staff and other stakeholders
Pollution preventative practices
Compliance with legal and other requirements and be a role model for others to follow.
Newmans Painting Services is committed to ensuring the health, safety and welfare of its employees/workers and any other people who may be affected by Newmans Painting Services operations. In securing workplace health and safety, this organisation will pursue best practice in OHS and to fulfil its statutory duties with regard to OHS at all times.
Resources in terms of personnel, time, effort and financial outlay commensurate with the priority which the organisation places on occupational health and safety, will be made available in order to:
- Comply with all relevant legislation, and
- Ensure the health and safety of employees/workers and others.
Where necessary, external consultants will be engaged to ensure that workplace health and safety is appropriately managed.
As priorities, this organisation will ensure that:
- An effective OHS programme is introduced and maintained to ensure that all workplace hazards are identified, the associated risks assessed and appropriate measures introduced to control these risks.
- Once established, the OHS programme is monitored and reviewed to take account of changing conditions and circumstances at the workplace.
- Appropriate records are kept in relation to the risk management programme.
- Employees/workers and their representatives are consulted on OHS issues relevant to them.
- All relevant documentation relating to OHS issues is made available to employees/workers and their representatives.
- It observes industry best practice standards with regard to the safety of its operations.
- All work systems, plant and substances are subjected to testing and comprehensive risk management processes prior to their introduction.
- All necessary registration, certification and licensing requirements are complied with.
- All necessary inspections, maintenance, repairs, cleaning, modifications and housekeeping are undertaken in a timely manner.
- Tasks requiring specific qualifications, skills or experience are only undertaken by those competent to do them.
- All employees/workers are appropriately trained, supervised and provided with adequate information to undertake their duties safely and without risk to health.
- All visitors to the workplace are briefed on safety procedures, provided with identification badges and any necessary protective equipment [PPE], and adequately supervised to ensure workplace health and safety.
- Appropriate means are provided to prevent visitors and other unauthorised people from entering restricted areas or parts of the workplace where they may be at risk, or endanger others safety and health.
- Any personal protective equipment needed to secure health and safety is provided free of charge and employees/workers and other relevant people are adequately instructed in its proper use, maintenance and storage.
- All accidents, incidents and near misses are reported to the OHS manager; the circumstances of the accident, incident or near miss are investigated and recorded; and appropriate measures are taken to prevent a recurrence, and
- This policy is regularly monitored and revised in the light of legislative, best practice or organisational changes.
The management of Newmans Painting Services are committed to surpassing our customers’ needs and expectations by providing a quality service and quality product, safely, environmentally friendly, on time and within budget.
Our organisation aims to do this by:
- Implementing organisational policies, procedures and objectives.
- Implementing and maintaining a documented management system compliant with ISO 9001.
- Complying with the requirements of the management system.
- Complying with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Reviewing and revising processes, procedures, policies and objectives with the purpose of continuous improvement of the quality management system.
- Providing a safe place of work
- Providing an environmentally-friendly place of work.
- Providing adequate resources and training of employees/workers.
- Consulting employees/workers and encouraging the participation in regards to quality related decisions.
- Documenting responsibilities and authorities within the organisation.
- Training and educating management, employees/workers the benefits of having a quality management system.
- Establishing long term relationships with our customers that are equally beneficial.
- Consultation with employees/workers on issues that affect them.